DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Nissan Leaf that I am parting out. It was running and driving except for some suspension damage prior to removing the battery pack. The battery cells are already gone but all the rest of the vehicle is still for sale. I still have the battery pack case in excellent condition. If you need any Leaf parts let me know what you need and make me an offer. I can carefully remove the parts from the vehicle keeping any electrical wiring and connectors intact. I am not a salvage yard and will not damage the parts upon removal.

Brian

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Please let me know what parts you are interested in and make me an offer. I haven't done extensive research into what each and every part is worth. I'm trying to sell any parts that might have value or that people might need before sending it in for scrap.This Leaf does have the DC fast charge port.

·
Registered
329 Posts
What area are you in? I'd be interested in the motor, inverter, transmission, and axle shafts.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am located in Newark Ohio, just east of Columbus Ohio.
The passenger side axle shaft is damaged due to suspension damage.
The transmission mounting foot is also broken. This foot is easily replaced as it bolts onto the transmission and might note even be needed if using the transmission in a vehicle conversion project. I'll be able to take some pictures this weekend. There seems to be some interest in the motor, inverter, transmission, so It looks like I'll have to come up with an asking price and start removing it from the vehicle.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have two good wheels, one has a usable tire still on it, the other tire is cut and isn't any good. I'm asking $50 for the pair.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wondering about buying pretty much everything out of the car... full drivetrain stack, charge ports, all important harnesses, pedals, dash, and a few boxes needed to get a minimal running Leaf drivetrain on the bench.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you are wanting to get a full leaf system running on the bench without sending CAN messages from an external controller, then you'll also need the original battery. A stock Leaf control system will not work even with a replaced battery, without taking it to a dealer fro reprogramming the VIN number in the battery to match the other components.
Are you interested in the inverter, motor, transmission or other parts?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not exactly sure what "trim level" it is. It is silver and the VIN is JN1A70CP8CT025351 if that helps. It has what looks to be a camera under the hatch release handle, however placing a camera here is a poor angle for a camera and it would point down at a slight angle... I guess that would be ok for parking, but wouldn't help you to see a vehicle behind you until it got pretty close....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts