DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This was to be used in my Lectric Leopard. Planned on installing it, other things got in the way. No longer made. Includes serial port (apparently some didn't).

For noobs, the E-meter was the go-to EV battery monitor for decades, and likely would still be if it was still made. The company changed hands a few times and it eventually became the Xantrex Link 10, but it's the same unit. It was adapted from alternative-energy use and the conversion and installation was a bit delicate - many E-meters died in the process. Lee Hart makes a fully-assembled companion board for $80 shipped that makes it painless. Also available as a bare board for $10 or a DIY kit for $50. See: Lee's E-meter / Link 10 companion board

Price: $200 Shipping weight: 1 lb.

Payment by Paypal or cash in person. I'm in the Philly Metro area. Shipping is extra.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello,
Does it include a prescaler? and if so which one or what is the model number?
Cheers!
Does not include a pre-scaler. I'm not an electrical whiz, but as I recall the pre-scaler is just a precision resistor so the E-Meter, which was made for 24 or 48 V systems, works with your pack.

That is all included in Lee's companion board, which is a screamin' deal considering how fragile an E-Meter can be if it's not treated just so. There are other things to work around, like its power supply needs to be isolated (intended to be powered byt the pack it's monitoring), etc. The companion board cleans all that up and makes it electrical-dolt-proof.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts