DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Re: For Sale: Zilla Motor Controller and Dual Warp 9 - $1500

Price Reduction - $1500

Just trying to get rid of some components and not have them end up in the landfill. Local pickup or meet halfway preferred since the motor is heavy and would cost quite a bit to ship.
Palmer, how did you get your hands on that? I want the adapter. I want to put a dual AC-50 in my Bug. The whole thing is well worth the price. Im considering getting this then put it in my Bus if I get the whole thing.

6 1/2 hour drive each way.

Long drive. But........

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Sure Pete,

Let me know for sure and we can work it out.

There is a chance I'll be headed to Sacramento for the memorial day weekend, but I'm not sure:
1. if i'm going
2. which car I'm taking and how much room I'll have

But if I do end up going and I'm taking my own car and not the wife's, then that might be an option.

Michael
Im on Staycation right now. Going back to work on the 29th. I'll be around. I'll buy the whole thing unless you are willing to break it apart. I don't really need the motors but if I must I can sell what I don't need or use. Would be killer in my Bus though. :)

I have cash in hand.

Pete

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
You need an RPM limiter to prevent over rpm. The motors are connected together with a huge belt. Motors work together as a single unit. If you are using dual controllers, one needs to be the main and the other the secondary and the main will be the primary throttle input and both controllers should work together in harmony. You can run a dual motor setup with a single controller which is preferred and you can also run the motors in either parallel or series depending on what you want. Parallel to keep the same voltage but double the torque. Or series to keep the same torque and double the voltage. But they are running two motors and not one. The motors parameters are shared. With a Dual Warp9 setup like this it would be best to have the Zilla 2k HV controller as you have greater sharing and plenty of power to go around for both motors. But it would be essential to have the RPM limiter installed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts