DIY Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just curious how would you get the over-under conversion to withstand the high rpm without exploding? Is it directly connected like a piston is to the shaft, gears? connected by chain maybe, belt even. I haven't watched the video yet since I'm in class right now but I'm just too curious not to ask.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
You need an RPM limiter to prevent over rpm. The motors are connected together with a huge belt. Motors work together as a single unit. If you are using dual controllers, one needs to be the main and the other the secondary and the main will be the primary throttle input and both controllers should work together in harmony. You can run a dual motor setup with a single controller which is preferred and you can also run the motors in either parallel or series depending on what you want. Parallel to keep the same voltage but double the torque. Or series to keep the same torque and double the voltage. But they are running two motors and not one. The motors parameters are shared. With a Dual Warp9 setup like this it would be best to have the Zilla 2k HV controller as you have greater sharing and plenty of power to go around for both motors. But it would be essential to have the RPM limiter installed.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.