DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 Edison Ford Transit Van I came across this when looking to buy a Nissan env200, but after nearly 6 months ive decided its not for me, ive never been happier than when driving it, but the limited mileage is crap, ok 90% of the time its irrelevant, but with a best distance of 70 miles, and worst 35 miles its just not practical for me, and far to expensive a vehicle to keep with such limited mileage. Unlike an ice I am totally lost with electronics, and although I have asked on several sites for info, the only info I did get was from previous postings, and what it did say I did not understand, other than if it stops I am out of my depth, the second reason to sell. The vehicle is my daily driver and up to now it has done 11,046 miles, approx. 1000 of those by me, everything appears to me to be fine, other than the reduction gearbox to prop shaft seems a bit sloppy, but quiet when running, and the interior rear lights in back have been disconnected by me, as they were staying on, and if you leave vehicle 4/5 days the auxiliary New Bosch 12v battery goes flat ? so its not quite right. I did consider removing the electric pack and putting a diesel back in, as the van and bodywork is like new, and selling all those lovely battery's ect, but its more than a bit sad to do so, and if your as comfortable with electronics as I am ic its a really nice van, and would be a shame, advertised on here a lot cheaper than anything ive seen on Ebay , and for a local builder /joiner /plasterer ect where mileage is low, it may be ideal. Apart from 1st few charges before I had meter fitted, it has consumed approx. 500kw per my 1000 miles so it is cheap to run, but I will give a more accurate figure later as more miles done. it charges on single phase at 32 amp, and take approx. 8 hours, I am looking for £4750 plus VAT or for any dealers, use this on my deposit on new 2018 Peugeot Boxer Van. If you are interested come take a look even if your not interested in buying, as more than happy to give you a spin round the block, or if your local and really understand these vehicles, and can help to improve mileage, more than happy to discuss options. Finally I have tried to be as accurate as possible in the above, but it is only a guide, I will only sell the vehicle as scrap, spares or repairs as is where is, you must decide if it is fit for use, as I have no idea. I am also trying to make an electric ff motorcycle but with just a basic dc motor and Sevcon 48v controller but would be interested in any 50ah 100ah 3.2v lifepo4 cells in part exchange on the above. If anybody is interested in the full battery pack or Brusa chargers motor ect I may break, and if so has anybody got a sweet 2009 transit motor and gearbox for sale. Located in Warrington Cheshire TEL 079640 49808 or email [email protected]

·
Registered
197 Posts
2009 Edison Ford Transit Van I came across this when looking to buy a Nissan env200, but after nearly 6 months ive decided its not for me, ive never been happier than when driving it, but the limited mileage is crap, ok 90% of the time its irrelevant, but with a best distance of 70 miles, and worst 35 miles its just not practical for me, and far to expensive a vehicle to keep with such limited mileage.
My commute is about 30-35 miles each way, mostly motorway, so not being able to achieve a round trip would be preventative for me. What type and size is the pack fitted in your van? Battery tech has come a long way in 8 years, so it might be viable to fit more capacity into the same space using modern modules.

Yesterday on eBay I found this 2011 Transit 350 MWB Edison for £10k located in Preston, but the seller didn't list any details on the battery pack.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi Emyr Ime told its got valance 12v 140ah cells but don't even know the pack size, but I feed in 36kw on meter on a full charge?. Even with another new leaf pack on board as well its still only say 160 miles max , and I don't normally spend any time on motorway services, its just not viable for me. I considered hiring a van every time it was required for the longer journeys, but this is not really cost effective either, so it has to go. Yes ive seen the same company advertise this vehicle regularly and realistically I am selling to cheap, but I want to move on and at this price I should have no problems I hope, but I can also break, which would be a sin, but at £300 plus a battery, on ebay and with possibly 24 off the battery's could pay for the diesel conversion, I will have to wait and see. yours Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts