DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are trying to build an amazing product that helps people make the switch faster by providing purchase-grade information readily accessible for free. Understanding the pain points you had will go a long way in building something that people love and in helping the next wave of EV owners. So appreciate if you could share what you found missing in the EV ecosystem. Great if you share the name of the EV you own as well. Let’s all pay it forward for a cleaner future for our older selves and our kids!

·
Registered
165 Posts
We are trying to build an amazing product that helps people make the switch faster by providing purchase-grade information readily accessible for free. Understanding the pain points you had will go a long way in building something that people love and in helping the next wave of EV owners. So appreciate if you could share what you found missing in the EV ecosystem. Great if you share the name of the EV you own as well. Let’s all pay it forward for a cleaner future for our older selves and our kids!
2020 Tesla model S. Range was the number one consideration without question, and having 402 miles of advertised range is huge.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2020 Tesla model S. Range was the number one consideration without question, and having 402 miles of advertised range is huge.
Thank you @reiderM. Did you consider any other models before zeroing in on Tesla? Would love to hear your thought process and the tools/sites you used to arrive on Tesla Model S if you don’t mind sharing.

·
Registered
165 Posts
It really was all about range for me, so I didn't do too much research into any other car since I knew that no other EV had better range than a Model S. The tesla charging infrastructure is also second to none here in the US.

Autopilot is neat and its fun to get software updates on a car but the range was the deciding factor.

To answer your original question, some important information would be:
  • Range
  • Acceleration
  • Charging network
  • Charging speed
  • Interior quality
  • Design/appearance

1 - 4 of 4 Posts