DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Yes, easy to ignore a sub if you don't want to be bothered.

But if mod time is available for some vetting to improve the situation great.

Just make sure no one thinks the products are approved by management.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I almost never go any further down the page than "Non-Road Going Vehicles" so I didn't even know it was there. If it were to disappear, that wouldn't have any negative effect on my use of the forums. :rolleyes:

Bill

·
Registered
197 Posts
I tend to use the New Posts search rather than browsing specific forums, so this spam is particularly visible now.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I don't see any benefit to the forum being there.

It was not added at the request of our community.

It was added by our awful hosts, presumably to market it to advertisers in terms of "All of our 40 forums have a dealers section that gets you EXCLUSIVE ACCESS to our community of highly interested buyers."

It has never had non-spam content.

These types of bots will typically do things like employ massive edits 1-3 years later, once their posts have reached high google reputability ratings, where the content is changed to even more spammy.

I see no reason to allow our community to be used to benefit spammers, even if it's reasonably easy to ignore. Broken window theorem and all that.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I too agree with John. It's difficult enough to get honest reviews these days, without wading through all the ads that are popping up all over the web.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts