DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've been checking in on this company's website for about FIVE YEARS now. The amount of information has decreased over time, not increased. They used to claim a manufacturing cost half of cylindrical cells, for example, but that info is no longer there.

I used to work for an aluminum capacitor company in their IT department and tried to interest our engineers in the InvenTek rolled ribbon design since it is mechanically similar to what the cap company produces. They had no interest and pursued double-layer ultra caps instead.

InvenTek has been "looking for partners" forever.

G

·
0 Posts
Well the name should be a dead giveaway clue that its bogus. The other thing is that there is ZERO information, a couple stupid pictures and some typed words. Nothing more. It is total garbage. I can build a bogus web page that is more convincing that that one. :)

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I noticed the website does lack vital information, but the owner/inventor of the technology is very well respected. Google his name, you can find info on him and his new technology. :eek:

G

·
0 Posts
Be safe and don't be swayed. Many a good man have turned sour over and over in history. Do not go on any of that information. The site is just garbage. I've seen it all to often.

Pete :)

Stick with what is rather than what may be. If it ever comes to pass (which I highly doubt) then we shall investigate. Not until then. So many here have gone over and over this and always it comes to pass to be nothing but vapor.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know, I seen many go bad in the biofuels business. The only thing here is this companies info was given to me by someone we ALL like and respect. I will keep his name silent, but I trust his judgement 100%. So, not sure what the deal is with this company? Probably a great product but no funding to mass produce. :eek:

Be safe and don't be swayed. Many a good man have turned sour over and over in history. Do not go on any of that information. The site is just garbage. I've seen it all to often.

Stick with what is rather than what may be. If it ever comes to pass (which I highly doubt) then we shall investigate. Not until then. So many here have gone over and over this and always it comes to pass to be nothing but vapor.

G

·
0 Posts
If you have seen them come and go with biofuels why trust this one regardless of who send you? I have seen many trustworthy folks get swayed too. Trust if you must but be very very carful. I would not invest ever even if the most trusted person told me otherwise from the information I see on that site. Too many empty promises and too many scams to get those who would be easy to sway to have them send money for products or investments. Even top companies have been swayed. It is not the company but those in charge in the company that get swayed and they just don't do the homework required. They go by the slick salesman who will sucker you out of your money.

Just be carful, it is after all your decision. But please make an informed one. You decide, not your trusted person.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I never said I was buying their products, just very interested in this new style battery. From what I have been told, a flat battery flows the L-Ions faster with less heat. Just researching new companies, like to stay ahead of the game. ;)

If you have seen them come and go with biofuels why trust this one regardless of who send you? I have seen many trustworthy folks get swayed too. Trust if you must but be very very carful. I would not invest ever even if the most trusted person told me otherwise from the information I see on that site. Too many empty promises and too many scams to get those who would be easy to sway to have them send money for products or investments. Even top companies have been swayed. It is not the company but those in charge in the company that get swayed and they just don't do the homework required. They go by the slick salesman who will sucker you out of your money.

Just be carful, it is after all your decision. But please make an informed one. You decide, not your trusted person.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts

Just be careful, it is after all your decision. But please make an informed one. You decide, not your trusted person.
Just adding to what Pete said: Sometimes even with good research, and the facts staring people in the face, they make poor decisions because their emotions are screaming the opposite inside them. Sometimes, when you have your heart set on finding something, you have to trust the advice of people who can see what's in your face more clearly than you can. ;)

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I totally agree. I make business decisions after weeks/months of DD. I have made much money in the biofuels business finding "new" technologies before they hit mainstream. ;)

Just adding to what Pete said: Sometimes even with good research, and the facts staring people in the face, they make poor decisions because their emotions are screaming the opposite inside them. Sometimes, when you have your heart set on finding something, you have to trust the advice of people who can see what's in your face more clearly than you can. ;)

G

·
0 Posts
Really! Anyway it usually starts out as an interest then goes from there. If a company was serious I highly doubt that they would put up such a stupid non informative site. Bio-Fuels seem to be pretty much a simple matter of how to extract or refine. Not so simple with batteries.

G

·
0 Posts
Once you found them (before they hit main stream) what did you do with that information that could actually make you money? Did you invest? Risky if you did but less so I think for biofuels. More so for batteries.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, once I found them I invested. Some did not do well, but most made me a buck. I was heavy into biocrude oils, I produced and sold biodiesel for many years so i knew what was available and searched for better. I sold all of my biofuels stocks because the Senate did not pass the tax credit extension for bioidesel and synthetic diesels. I was heavy into SYNM, and VRNM. There might still be a market for companies producing second generation fuels like: SYNM, RTK, HON, VRNM. But, it seems the country is more directed to EV's at the moment so I bought:
SQM, PPO, JCI, ABAT, VLNC, AONE, and TSLA. making money right now! :D
Once you found them (before they hit main stream) what did you do with that information that could actually make you money? Did you invest? Risky if you did but less so I think for biofuels. More so for batteries.

G

·
0 Posts
Well at least AONE is on the plus side today. 8.54 which is up .09. Not as well as I had expected. Glad I am not looking at them too hard. Glad I do not depend upon them for my retirement. I don't expect them to do a bang up job.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts