DIY Electric Car Forums banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
if your brake pump cycles more than once every couple of minutes, the booster needs a fix. if the pedal slowly heads to the floor, you have a leak internal somewhere. if you pump the brakes and the pedal gets stiffer, then you have an air bubble somewhere.
My vacuum pump pretty much goes constantly. Does this mean it needs a fix, or I have an air leak somewhere?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
OK, so now my car just won't run. Strangely, it seems to run while plugged in (not fully tested but it ran last night while plugged in) and the batteries seem to be charged. What happens is I press the accelerator, and the motor seems to turn, just for an instant, then nothing. The accessory battery is fine, and it all seems to be connected properly, but it just won't go when unplugged. Ideas?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Do you hear the contactor turn on and off? If it runs for just an instant that's likely the controller caps releasing the precharge.
Yeah I hear the contactor clicking shut but not open. Another strange symptom...my charger is beeping as though no batteries are connected, even though I verified that the wires are good...it's like I have a disconnect somewhere in my pack? But that doesn't make any sense, it was just running the other night, and even last night it ran a bit...

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
What voltage are you seeing across the controller terminals? You may have a blown fuse or left open a maintenence disconnect.

Which controller is it? The Curtis manual shows a bench setup for testing, basically you have some lights replacing the motor to provide a test load.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.