DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new, never unpacked or used D&D ES-31B Motor which I would like to donate to a school, or DIY club for their project.

What’s important to me is that it actually goes to a group who have a need for one and can put it to good use right away.

For specs and pics you can just Google the model number.

It cost me around $1,300 or so when I bought it. I purchased it new, and it’s just been sitting on the shelf in my garage for the past few years. I’ve never unpacked it, or connected it to anything. I opened the cardboard packaging flaps a few days ago just to make sure that it wasn’t rusty or whatever. It looks 100% perfect.

I live in the Los Angeles area, and if it’s convenient for you, I’ll be happy to arrange a pickup at my house.

Or if you can really use it, you’re not close to LA and you just don’t have the budget to afford pitching in for the shipping... I’ll be happy to ship it to you (consider the shipping cost my donation to your school or DIY group).

Direct message me, or comment on this thread or whatever if you have questions.

I really don’t care about the money, I just want to see this go to a “good home”

Thanks,

- George

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi George,

Do you still have the motor? I'm interested.

I'm planning to implement regenerative breaking out of DC Series wound motors with a group of college students. I have an old pdf book on that subject I can share with you.

I have done some conversions using recycled components to make them work better.

I have developed a Universal charger for batteries (lead or lithiums) that work at 127VAC or 220VAC input sources.

I'm an entrepreneur, I won a place in the "TrepCamp" training program to be in Stanford U. but due to my age ( > 35), their initial "refundable fees" were not refunded at all, and could not attend.

Regards,

ekthor

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I'm planning to implement regenerative breaking out of DC Series wound motors with a group of college students. I have an old pdf book on that subject I can share with you.

I'm curious, send it my way if you'd like, or host it somewhere and link.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Do you have the right to share the "book"? As a PDF file it is certainly technically sharable, but if it is copyrighted material which is not offered freely to the public, it can be quoted in part for discussion but not shared in its entirety.

Gotta be free PDF hosting somewhere.
There are piles of choices - any of the cloud-based file sharing systems can handle a PDF file. The potential problem could be whether ekthor has the right to publicly share the document.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts