DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am replacing my 3-gauge instrument pod with a multi-function meter... I put together this set of 0-500ammeter, 0-150voltmeter, 96v SOC 'fuel gauge' for lead-acid battery pack in a 'universal' pillar mount. Includes a switch and connections such that the ammeter can display either the HV amps, or LV amps.

selling whole assembly for $275 with FREE shipping anywhere in US.

*** price dropped to $200 incl shipping ***

Attachments

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I'm going 72 volts, and frankly, i'd pin that amp meter fast. If it was 500 amps, i'd buy it.

whoops, I looked at my top post. total typo. the ammeter is a typical 0-500 amp unit. you'd need a 50-500 SHUNT. the 96v SOC would not work with 72v system though....

I would HIGHLY recommend you consider bumping your design up to at least 96v as 'minimum' for decent performance around town. ;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
whoops, I looked at my top post. total typo. the ammeter is a typical 0-500 amp unit. you'd need a 50-500 SHUNT. the 96v SOC would not work with 72v system though....

I would HIGHLY recommend you consider bumping your design up to at least 96v as 'minimum' for decent performance around town. ;)
Much better. Now if i have 250$ to drop of meters, id prolly have more voltage too.:D

Frankly, the car just has to move for my senior project. I started at 72 volts because i got an alltrax 7245 CHEAP.

Now that im building my own motor controller, i am building to 200 volt limit, so 156 volt nominal, but that means i need to drag around more lead. And my used forklift motor would not like 156 volts.:eek:

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Much better. Now if i have 250$ to drop of meters, id prolly have more voltage too.:D

Frankly, the car just has to move for my senior project. I started at 72 volts because i got an alltrax 7245 CHEAP.
well.... for a super cheap temporary solution, you COULD consider using a clamp multi-meter. The Sears craftsman for instance is well under $100, and you COULD pull it apart and put the display/controls in the cabin, and run the pickups to the motor bay. It would be ugly, but functional.

·
Registered
158 Posts
well.... for a super cheap temporary solution, you COULD consider using a clamp multi-meter. The Sears craftsman for instance is well under $100, and you COULD pull it apart and put the display/controls in the cabin, and run the pickups to the motor bay. It would be ugly, but functional.
I started with a 1996 saturn. Ugly i can handle! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I started with a 1996 saturn. Ugly i can handle! :rolleyes:
being a school project, you might even be able to get Sears to donate one to you, take some pictures, and illustrate how great craftsman tools are. ;)

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does this kit come with the shunt? thanks
no, you'd need to get a 500-50 shunt for the high-voltage side, I am using my old one for the Cycle Analyst I have now... I think I do still have a small 50-50 shunt for the 12v side if you wanted that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts