DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A local friend is selling his lightly used AC-30 and Curtis 1238-6501 controller. It is the full kit and has a contactor and wiring harness included. He built a vehicle but has chosen a different path. This has very little use on it.

Specifications:

Designed for battery pack voltages of between 33.6V and 105V
Peak Current: 550Amps
Encoders supported: Incremental AB
Integrated Capacitor pre-charge function
Regenerative braking allowing reduced battery power consumption
Externally cooled IP65 case
Controller part number: 1238-6501
Motor part number: AC-30-01
Accessories included: Wiring harness, Spyglass display, Tyco Kilovac LEV200 Contactor, Magnecraft 10A 150VDC rated relay

Can get more information on my business website. If interested, click add to cart, and submit a request for quote, and include your offer.

This is used and I'm listing for my friend. Can ship within the USA.

http://www.emf-power.com/product/hpevs-ac-30-motor-curtis-1238-6501-controller/

·
Registered
136 Posts
very interested
Is this a discontinued motor as I don't see it listed on HPEVS site.
It may be a bit heavy for my application but the bike is already kind a heavy, so it might be perfect.
do you know torque or HP specs at 96v?
I have the Dnepnr sidecar motorcycle.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They used to sell a kit with the AC3x motor and a 6501, and it was called the AC-30. It's a few years old. I'll check with them to see if there's a graph for it.

California shipping wouldn't be too bad.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm very interested but I haven't found much in the way of specs out there, is this like an earlier version of the ac34 I presume? What would it cost to ship to SoCal?

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's an earlier version of the AC3x series. Ac30 first, then I think AC31, then AC34/35. It's basically the same motor, with some modifications in the iron core, with a 550A controller that can go to 108VDC.

I've got one other interested party, but money talks. It'd likely be cheapest freight. It's a heavy motor. I wouldn't guess more than $150.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts