DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In trying to understand the electric motor(EV) world I thought I would dabble with something. I keep this cool dry cell battery around for emergencies(12vdc90Ah) now @12.6v and came across a great motor recently so I have decided to put it to use on a water wheel for a turtle aquarium. Its BIG, pond like. The motor is an enclosed 12vdc 30amp 1.6Ohms 8600rpm Gen/Motor. Will produce 1v at 715rpm. I will utilize it as a motor. I think I read somewhere it will last longer that way..???I have purchased a nice 12V30A300W DC Speed controller to operate it. Now my battery is a 90Ah, and my thinking is this...the motor has a STALL rate of 7.2 amps, I am not sure which way that means (for the motor operation or the generator operation??)but should I install a resistor(and fuse) to make sure the amps stay at 30> (90A battery) b4 controller and could I make it a 1.2ohm so that my amps could only reach only 10. That way I could hook the charger up to the battery when needed without worrying about the surge and my operation could just keep turning? and should I put a 2 ohm after the controllers pot to keep my amps at 6(for safety of the motor). I will only need this motor to turn 1500-2000rpms which will be hardly nothing on this motor maybe 2-3 amps, piece of cake for it, no? Geez! I jus' reread this, I sound like a reporter 'One question Mr. President?' Right???? Sorry folks, and thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts