DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have some Gigavac GV200 contactors, rated at 800VDC and 350A continuous. The full model number is GV200MA-1 which is the variant with a built in coil economizer that can run off of 12 or 24VDC (Do not use with a controller that also outputs a PWM coil signal). The GV200 has the same general form factor as the Kilovac EV200 from TE Connectivity. Full spec sheet can be found here:

https://www.gigavac.com/sites/default/files/catalog/spec_sheet/gv200.pdf

These contactors were installed into a project that was never deployed, and so they have never been used. The flying leads were cut short and are between 3 and 8 inches long at this point.

I have fifteen of them total. I will sell them for $80 each shipped anywhere in the US. Three of them no longer have the M8 nuts that they came with, those I will sell for $75.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here is how the SCAM went: I wanted 3 contactors. He said 50% payment before shipment, 50% after receipt. I sent the 50% plus $10 for half the estimated shipment. He then said, oh I need an extra $30 to ship. I sent the extra $30 to ship. He didn't ship, said he needed an extra $20 to ship since Fedex wanted more. That's when I cut the cord. He never shipped.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Here is how the SCAM went: I wanted 3 contactors. He said 50% payment before shipment, 50% after receipt. I sent the 50% plus $10 for half the estimated shipment. He then said, oh I need an extra $30 to ship. I sent the extra $30 to ship. He didn't ship, said he needed an extra $20 to ship since Fedex wanted more. That's when I cut the cord. He never shipped.
Your experience definitely doesn't come across well, but I would like to point out that the OP has a significant history here on the forum, there is some room for the benefit of the doubt. I have had similar experiences in online deals including Ebay like that, and many of them turned out to be related to unexpected health issues. OP hasn't had any activity in 2 months here, how long ago was your last communication ?

·
Administrator
1,607 Posts
An odd situation. The seller has been active on the forums here for over a decade. I can't imagine they're a scammer. The only person saying they were scammed is someone who's only posts are in this thread and who gravedug this thread after a year of inactivity.

None of the original buyers showed up here to say they got scammed...

IIRC the seller works/worked in an EV shop, maybe they were liquidating entirely or maybe just liquidating some certain stock.

I just about don't believe they responded and then tried to scam. More likely to me is, they saw a new and unverified user and wanted the money up front so that they didn't get scammed, or, that the account is completely inactive.

Something's not adding up.

In any case, the seller isn't responding, stop pestering them with something they were clearing out 18 months ago.

·
Registered
5 Posts
An odd situation. The seller has been active on the forums here for over a decade. I can't imagine they're a scammer. The only person saying they were scammed is someone who's only posts are in this thread and who gravedug this thread after a year of inactivity.

None of the original buyers showed up here to say they got scammed...

IIRC the seller works/worked in an EV shop, maybe they were liquidating entirely or maybe just liquidating some certain stock.

I just about don't believe they responded and then tried to scam. More likely to me is, they saw a new and unverified user and wanted the money up front so that they didn't get scammed, or, that the account is completely inactive.

Something's not adding up.

In any case, the seller isn't responding, stop pestering them with something they were clearing out 18 months ago.
I exchanged 18 emails with the seller and lost $130, paid via Paypal. As mentioned above, he wanted more and more money upfront and had all kind of excuses why he still couldn't ship without getting more money. People that don't believe me, go ahead and see how it works out for you!

·
Registered
922 Posts
I exchanged 18 emails with the seller and lost $130, paid via Paypal. As mentioned above, he wanted more and more money upfront and had all kind of excuses why he still couldn't ship without getting more money. People that don't believe me, go ahead and see how it works out for you!
Have you paid via PayPal for goods ? You can make a claim then.

·
Administrator
1,607 Posts
Contact EVDrive perhaps, and see if he is still them, or still works there.

He was working on record-breaking racecars, he's not some random fleabag forum scammer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.