DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Why are all concept cars so ugly? :p But, in all seriousness, that's incredible. I wonder just how much electricity it pumps out. Or it's top speed, if it's got power stores like that at hand! I so want to know more about that, but I'm assuming it'll be pricey as Hell; even in 10 years time.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I remember that concept car on a discovery channel show I watched about 10 years ago. Not only is the throttle just a big potentiometer, but so is the brake pedal, essentially. There is no mechanical link between the brakes and the chassis........

can you imagine your brake pedal pot going bad when your coasting downhill in a 3000-pound car? not too many good ways that can end......

·
Registered
12 Posts
I remember that concept car on a discovery channel show I watched about 10 years ago. Not only is the throttle just a big potentiometer, but so is the brake pedal, essentially. There is no mechanical link between the brakes and the chassis........

can you imagine your brake pedal pot going bad when your coasting downhill in a 3000-pound car? not too many good ways that can end......
Considering it's crumple zone is a giant windshield? I'll definitely pass on that car. Albeit, I'm sure
they don't care about safety right now. I mean, if they did, right now, they would have another
2 tons of safety sensors and backups and oven more bolts connecting the top to the chassis, etc,
etc, etc. Heh, imagine in 20 years time when they need to add 18 tons of required safety equipment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts