DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time here. I was given the scooter shown at https://www.pridemobility.com/p/go-go-elite-traveller-3-wheel but it's missing battery case, batteries, and charger. I found out that it can't go faster than 5 MPH. I can't ride bicycles because I have bad knees and hips. I can't drive cars anymore. In New York City, e-bikes with pedals are legal but e-bikes without pedals and motorized versions of kick scooters are not legal. My plan was to modify the Go-Go scooter so that it can go as fast as 20 MPH and replace single front wheel with two front wheels. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
We have the 4-wheel "Plus" version of this mobility scooter. It is a pretty good 4 mph device.

The missing batteries are not a big deal, since the case is essentially just a simple box to fit the scooter, with a bit of wiring, and the batteries are common 12 V (nominal) AGM units.

The missing charger is not a big deal, since it is a very basic, simple, and low-rate 24 V adapter.

Unfortunately, there's nothing about this scooter which would be suitable for 20 mph operation - not the motor or transmission or wheels or tires or (lack of) suspension. I think that by the time you have replaced every single component, you should have just built something from scratch which would be suitable and safe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts