DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting together a 120v LiFePo4 system, I was wondering if anyone knows of a relatively inexpensive "bad-boy-style" charger available commercially. I don't need programmable anything, just want current. BMS will chop it off at the end anyway.

-Bruce

·
Registered
506 Posts
I'm putting together a 120v LiFePo4 system, I was wondering if anyone knows of a relatively inexpensive "bad-boy-style" charger available commercially. I don't need programmable anything, just want current. BMS will chop it off at the end anyway.

-Bruce
All depends what line amps you have available. Get some heavy diodes and make a bridge rectifier and some caps behind it, and a relay at the 120v ac side, and have the bms cut it off at 3.5 or 3.65 depending on what cells your using.

Just be aware there will be no isiolation.

Roy

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All depends what line amps you have available. Get some heavy diodes and make a bridge rectifier and some caps behind it, and a relay at the 120v ac side, and have the bms cut it off at 3.5 or 3.65 depending on what cells your using.

Just be aware there will be no isolation.

Roy
That's a bad-boy... but yeah, maybe that's my only option. I just thought maybe someone had made a one that wasn't "homebrew".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts