DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there are any government or institutional grants available for building and EV besides tax incentives?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Along those lines, this morning on WLS radio, the president of the teacher's union of Chicago, said that federal grant money was not tax money.

Is that woman a nut or WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL Federal MONEY is TAX MONEY.

It is as bad as the woman that thought Obama was going to give out money tio her and others from his STASH!!!!!!!!!!!

Our education system is in BIG trouble.....

·
Registered
626 Posts
Along those lines, this morning on WLS radio, the president of the teacher's union of Chicago, said that federal grant money was not tax money.

Is that woman a nut or WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL Federal MONEY is TAX MONEY.

It is as bad as the woman that thought Obama was going to give out money tio her and others from his STASH!!!!!!!!!!!

Our education system is in BIG trouble.....

I heard the sound clip you are talking about, that woman is deranged. How can these people not know where this money is coming from? We need to support vouchers and charter schools. My kids go to a charter school in Columbus. Much better than the public system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I was hoping that there might be something. I figure by the time you pay for batteries you could of bought a lot of fuel even at $3.00 a gallon. Anybody ever thought about getting sponsors to help front the bill?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Grants are what is helping ruin this country.

If you want to build an EV, save up and build it.

Things that you do for yourself are much more valued in the long run.

Just like buying your kid his first car. You better not spend too much as he will just destroy it anyway.

If he earned the money, it will mean more to him and he will take better care of it.

Sorry, but that is how I feel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts