DIY Electric Car Forums banner

Green Vehicles Moose

7K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  Mark F 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, I'm am thinking about getting another EV and curious if there is any interest out there for a Green Vehicles Moose in the Santa Cruz CA area. It is a fairly minimal van with a 20kw motor, 5 speed manual transmission, 24kw 144 volt battery, Elcon 5000 charger, j1772 inlet..... Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
60ish mph, the fastest I've gone is 70+mph. It definitely takes a while to get up to that speed! It would be best used in town but I do use it in the Santa Cruz Mountains and on the highway. 23,000 miles.

This Green Vehicles Moose is the only one the factory built with the 20kw water cooled motor/controller (the others were 10kw motors) it's basically a prototype so being familiar with EV conversions would be a big plus. I have a second set of batteries (45 - sky energy 160 ah batteries) that could go with the van. I really don't know what a vehicle like this is worth, I payed $17500 for the van 3 years ago and another $2000 for the (new) parts van with batteries etc.

#6 ·
From my investigations on this vehicle it is considered an NEV and not to be driven on the hwy nor on roads of 45mph or more. It is not a freeway vehicle even if it can do 60ish mph. It was never crash tested for use on the freeway. Only in the neighbor hood and slow speeds. The vehicle is pretty good but only for someone living in town and one that really does not go outside of town on the fast roadways. Good for the elderly in a nice community. Haul friends and groceries for them all.

Is your Moose registered as an NEV?

#7 ·
This Moose is registered as a normal car, not a NEV. It now has 30,000 miles. The extra battery count is down to 15 or so (using them up on a sailboat project). I'm thinking about getting a Bolt and would like to sell the Moose.
Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.