DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I’m looking to do a conversion in my 1991 Chevy sprint turbo. I have a few specific questions but I’ll save that for a different thread. I’ll explain what I have first. Car has 420000k. Original engine and still runs great. I want to convert it before motor is done. Has GT brakes, newer firefly sedan stabilizers, custom coils and 17” wheels. Basically it’s like a go cart and handles like it’s on rails. The underbody is mint and has all the control arms just replaced so this car is still good to go for awhile. Currently is a two seater as it has a massive stereo with a wall behind the front seats. With the alternators, batteries, sub and box I have at least 300 lb over stock weight. Rear coils are out of an older Honda Odyssey van cut down so no problems with batteries. It currently has a little over 100hp. I would like to have more performance than it has now but I don’t want to build a gas motor and have to resort to aftermarket ecu to give it more boost. I figure going electric would be better. I don’t mind spending the money on good batteries and the right motor/motors. Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts