DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, and thanks for all the information and resources that have been accumulated here.

I've got a few projects to get finished this year, and a search led me here.

Projects :

Electric cart for my wife and daughter to drive around the property.

1980's VW Rabbit to make electric.

Electric Pack Mule cart to refurb and use in and around the workshop.

Quite a few more, but these are the most relevant to this forum.

Supplies to pick parts from :

5 battery powered forklifts. 2 of them even have decent batteries.

30 years of shop supplies from a pretty large hobby workshop

Poking around in here has shown me how high some of you raise the bar for well-engineered and built projects.

Mercy, I was fairly happy with my work until now... I'll try to kick it up a notch so as not to be an embarrassment to the group.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sounds like you have projects to keep you busy for a while! I started an s-10 conversion this winter thinking I would be driving it by summer, but I still have a long ways to go. In fact, I still need to track down an electric motor... If you could spare a traction motor from one of your lifts, Id offer you a couple hundred bucks for one. I am maybe an hour south of you. I am doing an old-school DC build, as I am too daunted by the idea of using a salvaged motor/drivetrain. There are some very sophisticated builds on this forum, but hey, we all have to start somewhere, right? Good luck, and drop me a PM if you might be willing to part with a motor!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome Carl!

Projects usually take 3x as long as we plan, and in my case, 10x. We're also building a house and clearing a property after living out of state for 5 years.

Retirement is grand!

I have two 36vdc and one 48vdc traction motors, if memory serves. I'll try to get more info on them, but any deal should include you driving up here for a visit after that S10 gets electrified.

I'll send you a PM in a few days... The machines are near Battle Ground, and I'm working on our treefarm about an hour away.

I may need to rethink whether I'm actually retired.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts