DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, realized I posted the right info in the right section, just thought since it was off topic for the thread it was in that I'd post my initial hey this is me... Oh I'll come up with something to contribute, just tired of the maintenance on the ICE's. Blazer died this year, now using the half ton as my daily driver while the car is in the shop. I live about 50 miles round trip from the nearest grocery store / bank etc. Makes for good planning. One trip a week to town is more than enough though I think the diesel gets better mileage than my car... Of course the torn flex-hose in the exhaust might have something to do with that... That being said, because I live so far from town I'm just going to start with something small to make sure I build the know-how right. A ride-on mower if I can get one with a blown engine, a quad.. same deal.. just to start figuring things out with hands on experience rather than just reading about it. And with the land here on the farm the ride-on would see some use, heck I might actually be more punctual about the mowing if it could be quieter than it is with the current 25HP ICE. Did I mention that I hate all the jerry-cans around that all this gas / diesel powered equipment takes? I'm just looking for ideally a winter project that will keep me busy when I get snowed in this year, maybe something I can pick up the empties with on weekend mornings from all the folks who still literally drink and drive around here. Empties are cash! Edited to add : Forgot to mention; I've already got a line on an electric forklift that I'll use as the donor. Hopefully check it out this weekend.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What am I missing on the formatting of my posts? I put in line-breaks in here where I type it and they disappear when I actually click submit... Weird. But on another note I really hoped to have the quad on-hand as a summer project but farm-life took over, still have to locate one for the winter project, and have it ready for this time next year for the local quad-pulls. Should at least get some attention!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh nuts, the vehicle I've been keeping an eye on with a plan for the future conversion just dropped $1000 asking price too. Wonder if I can swing that.. maybe if I pull the dead mutant mishmash propane conversion out of the field and replace it with this one? Wonder if anyone would notice?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts