DIY Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Herrington Group 1/2 Scale T35 Bugatti- Electric Car
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Not to worry! I am no electrician myself but having something that works to look at really helps! Your board is a bit different, but I can follow most of it. My small board under the seat has a plexi plastic cover but no harness plug in at all. What my car does have is the same system set up as per the wiring diagram. Currently ( no pun sorry) I am checking all the origins and termination points for each wire/plug to the boards. I do have the single wire from the small board that presumably goes to the "key" terminal of the big board.
I do not have the black cylinder next to the box either, no idea what that one is...... thanks for the help, it's like you said about translating the info-

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
One last question of the universe- is there any special order to hooking up the battery wires? Just about ready to try it out. Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well, we gave it a go yesterday and got nothing back in return for our efforts. Huge sparks when making the last connection. Took the meter to the small board and found one terminal caused needle to bottom out in all cases. Removed small board and tried again, same results. Removed speed control, left and right controllers and did not get any better ideas. So my original tactic was to buy a DYI kit and install that hoping the motors are still viable.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What a pity, I wish I could give some more intelligent suggestions but I not able to. It's odd that mine has had that smaller board replaced - presumably it also caused a problem. Unfortunately I cannot tell you what that small replacement part is, but I will take it off and see if it has any identification on it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks for all the support! I will return with an update when something happens.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Oh yeah, the charger arrived today from Ontario- thanks for the referral. Got a 36v 3A with the plug I needed. Good seller.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is the black box of tricks that you can see in my last photo sat on the floor in front of the main control panel. I do not know what it is, and now I have taken it off I can see it is labelled in Chinese! However presumably we can surmise that it changes the voltage from 48v(?) to 12v or vice versa. It would be great if someone could recognise it.
Rectangle Font Gas Auto part Nameplate

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
And having studied EBAY at great length it looks very much like a "step down converter" - There are plenty of them for sale very cheaply. Unfortunately they seem to vary particularly in output voltage and I cannot determine which one mine is at present. But is this simply a replacement for the small circuit board? If so it simply steps down the voltage for various things on the dashboard according to the wiring diagram, and that looks very similar to my wiring. Is this a red herring??

·
Registered
248 Posts
Quote: However presumably we can surmise that it changes the voltage from 48v(?) to 12v or vice versa. It would be great if someone could recognise it.

You are correct. According to Google translate this is a 48V voltage regulator.Second line says, " Red 48V Yellow 12V". The third line says "Black" and possibly the manufacturing date. The last line is the manufacturer name, "Taizhu Yixin Electronics Co., Ltd".

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thank you - the picture now is clearer. The second circuit board appears to be solely a step down voltage converter and because it has, according to the wiring diagram, a 10 amp fuse, I would surmise that it is a 120w version. This means the board is probably easily and cheaply replaced. The bad news is that it only controls the lights and the horn, so disconnecting the original board should make no difference to the running of the motors.
That leaves the main circuit board, two controllers or 2 motors as the likely culprits. If the problem is the main circuit board, (and you have had it tested with results that were not encouraging) it does feel as though its a job for a good electrician as that feels quite tricky to sort, although it looks to be largely a distribution board.
You can get inexpensive devices to test controllers, again on Ebay. It would perhaps be unlikely for both controllers to pack up though - could you wire so that you test just one side at a time?
DAOO are I think the makers of the controllers and are alive and well in China (DAAO Electric (JiangSu) Co., Ltd.). If it comes to it they may be able to help eg in getting a replacement. I have found Chinese companies to be very responsive to my e-mails in English.
Sorry you may have already thought about all this, but I am trying to learn about them too.
Good luck

21 - 31 of 31 Posts