DIY Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts
Like what HV connectors are used on the Tesla HVJB? Those are KET HVSC 280 series, but they're not available to mere mortals :/

For reference:
  • Orange (A/C): MG655773 (key A)
  • Gray (fluid heater): MG655774 (key B)
  • Brown (PTC heater): MG655775 (key C)
  • Blue (DC-DC): MG655776 (key D)

Like what HV connectors are used on the Tesla HVJB? Those are KET HVSC 280 series, but they're not available to mere mortals :/

For reference:
Thanks.

Has anybody made an alternative to the infeed power connectors work? The jbox I bought doesn't have a cable.
Looking at the picture, the connector is just there to seal the round holes. The actual connections are on the inside of the jbox.

Hello, Team.
Has anybody been able to figure out the control of these devices via the Front HVJB?
Yep. Been spending a bit of time pumping the collective data forum this forum and the OI forum into the OI wiki - there's a reasonably thorough section on Tesla OEM bits there now. Was kinda keeping it under wraps until it was finished, but just built up the last of it tonight (y)

You'll find the sum of it all here: Tesla - openinverter.org wiki

Thanks.

Has anybody made an alternative to the infeed power connectors work? The jbox I bought doesn't have a cable.
Looking at the picture, the connector is just there to seal the round holes. The actual connections are on the inside of the jbox.
The metal glands there are terminating the shielding on the cable (and sealing the holes). So if you can live without the shielding termination and can seal them some other way you can use anything.

Yep. Been spending a bit of time pumping the collective data forum this forum and the OI forum into the OI wiki - there's a reasonably thorough section on Tesla OEM bits there now. Was kinda keeping it under wraps until it was finished, but just built up the last of it tonight (y)

You'll find the sum of it all here: Tesla - openinverter.org wiki
This is incredible! Thank you for your efforts. This will help many of us.

For reference:
Interesting that connectors are rated for 20A, while the ptc heater has a 40A fuse...🤔
High Voltage Fuse | xEV Parts | 제품 | KET
Same goes for the A/C compressor connector..

Do we know the wire sizes used?

Understand that and am assuming that the FHVJB serves as the hv contactor for the heater
If I understand correctly by looking at the PCB and the previous posts in the thread... All devices (except the fluid heater) are merely connected via fuses to the HV input, i.e. no control via the FHVJB.

The heater is controlled via PWM inside the box. If you think of PWM at 0% as heater off and at 100% heater fully on, then, yes, it can be viewed as an equivalent to a contactor, where contacts open = heater off, contacts closed = heater fully on.

Hope this explains.

I was wondering if this testing happened and where things landed on the PWM front. I am the point of connecting everything up in my build and wondered. If there is another thread that picked this up, let me know.

Also, I am using a FISKER coolant cabin heater (Eberspacher) over a PTC heater for my build, to allow the heated coolant to run through the RESTOMOD HVAC system (like an ICE vehicle) and planned to use the PTC HV connection for this heater, since the voltage for the Fisker (250-450VDC typ 350V DC) is similar to the voltage for a PTC heater. I chose this coolant heater because it runs on PWM heat demand signal 12V; active low (5k internal pull up resistor), 40-300Hz.

Any concerns or comments about powering this heater from the PTC slot on the high voltage distribution box?

Thanks!
I am in the process of figuring out a PTC coolant heater solution for a conversion I am working on as well. I am trying to use both the front and rear Tesla HVJBs in the build. My main concern about using the front HVJB to power the cabin coolant heater is the kw rating difference. I think to original battery heater it controlled was only 5kw. Anything over that may cause an issue. What did you end up doing and how well did the 6kw heater work for producing an acceptable vent outlet temp?

Добрый вечер, подскажите пожалуйста Я имею tesla model s 2015 года, сейчас начались проблемы с зарядкой, ввиду того что нагреватель основной основного аккумулятора не работает, то есть не подогревает батарею. Пришёл к выводу что либо неисправен предохранитель в передней коробке высоковольтной либо неисправен сам нагреватель основной аккумуляторной батареи точка у меня вопрос можно ли или должно ли присутствовать высокое напряжение на сером разъёме без движения? И ещё вопрос можно ли допустим серый разъём подключить на разъём который отвечает за обогрев салона, он у меня работает, это чисто для проверки основного нагревательного основного нагревателя для аккумулятора.

Most reincarnation of salvage Teslas is done in Ukraine - that's where most of the winning bids I've seen at salvage auctions go.

While we use Tesla pieces, I'm not sure many, if any, that are here actually work on restoring the car itself.

You should also post in English, even if it means using google translate.

Good evening, thank you for answering my question. The car was bought from America, to Belarus, in 2022, we encountered a problem only now. When the frosts became -20°, the car refused to charge, we found out that there was no heating of the main battery, so to find out the reason ,question, is it possible to connect the gray connector to the connector that is responsible for heating the interior? Or should I look at the fuse in the front high-voltage box?

21 - 40 of 42 Posts