DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one had any experience doing business with Chris at Lowcarbon-idea. They have a BLDC system that looks interesting. I have not seen any examples of conversions using BLDC, but the efficiency makes that look like a good choice.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have not purchased from them, and looking at the controller pictures they post I would not purchase them because:

1. They look like a re-badged Kelly.

2. The photo shows a LINEAR IGBT / MOSFET array instead of pair of IGBT per channel. The Kelly controller reliability issues are related to the fact they do not use QED modeling for there array and does a simple linear layout as the photos on Lowcarbons website show in their (demo?) controller, so I would expect them to have same reliability issues.

I would give them a shot:
If they are willing to put a multiyear warranty in writing.
If they would sign a contact stating arrays are not used or are properly modeled.
If they are cheap enough that I could afford to burn the cash.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes. I am not happy with their service.
They sent me a motor which was not up to the requested specification of shaft size, a controller that was damaged before being packed for shipping and have not sent me a canbus monitor ( probably 150 X 100mm max) because they can't find a box to put it in.
JG

1 - 3 of 3 Posts