DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently made a pack purchase through Alliance Renewable Energy and I didn't research them first. I was so anxious to finally be buying lithium batteries that I just rushed out and sent the check. I worried whether I too hastily sent out the check and they don't accept credit cards, so I had no protection. I have had no prior dealings with this company and need feedback from those who have.

Update: Richard got back to me this morning and answered all of my questions. He told me that he sent me a response, but I didn't get it. It is a good idea to research companies prior to doing business with them, but there was limited information online about them at the time. I also got replies from another person who assured me that this company is trustworthy, they are just very busy.

I am expecting my batteries in a couple weeks, and am very excited to be installing these in my VFR750.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I recently made a pack purchase through Alliance Renewable Energy and I didn't research them first. I was so anxious to finally be buying lithium batteries that I just rushed out and sent the check. I have since been trying to inquire with Richard, the owner about the BMS that they carry. He won't answer any other question than about what I need for my system and the price. This bothers me and I wish I had not sent the money, I have to wait now for 6-8 weeks to see if this guys is honest or another EV Components type. All I want is the spec sheet before I buy the BMS, so I can make sure it's worth the money. I have sent numerous emails and waited for several days before sending another inquiry.
I would like to hear from anyone who has purchased batteries from this company and whether you got your batteries and if you had similar problems.

Yes, I spoke with Richard about a year ago and then placed an online order with him for a pack of TS lithiums.

Fortunately, they never contacted me and I never sent a payment.

Some time later I tried purchasing TS lithium from a stocking US distributor that works thru Richard, but again no go. The US distributor never contacted me as he promised he would when Richard had stock.

Worked out very well, since I have decided NOT to go with lithium. But that's another story....

My advise: Be smart, NEVER pay up front for an item where the vendor needs your money for his purchases.

NEVER wait more than one week for stock. Waiting a month or two is just poor business sense.

ALWAYS pay with your VISA or MASTER CARD. NEVER pay up front with a check. NEVER use PayPal, they aren't much help.

Learned from years of life experience. Call me 'ol timer, ;)

Russ Kaufmann

Russco Engineering

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just ordered a TS pack and sent a check to richard 2 weeks ago as well and cant seem to reach him now by email or by phone. if any body knows him ,any help would be great.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I am very interested in how your order goes through. I am getting very close to make an order myself. Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I ordered 49 TS 100ah batteries from him last feb and got them in less than 4 weeks. I just got a shipping confirmation today for the terminals I ordered last week. Everything is on the level for me. I hope all goes well for everyone else.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well i am not one to go around bashing people but its been over a month since he(richard) recieved my money and am still trying to get my pack from him! got some lame excuse he was traveling and some body ordered the exact cells right before me,and now i am waiting for the next shippment from china,when i paid an etra 10.00 a cell to have them already.and whats up with no credit cards or paypal, we have no protection and in this case i wish i had it.I emailed him today demanding my pack or my money(money works good for me)(I was excited and in a hury,stupid me.)But 3800.00 bucks is too much to just through away! I hope he is a stand up guy who will honor my refund in a timely manner!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Richard responded to the last of many, many email messages I sent to him, we talked on the phone and he eased my mind by explaining why he has been unable to respond quickly. I am still not completely satisfied with the service, but I understand why it is like it is. I have not yet received my batteries (as expected). Richard did say that my batteries would be on the next shipment and I shuold get them early May. This is about what I anticipated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It has been almost 9 weeks since my check was cashed for my batteries. I called Richard to see what's happening with my order and he told me the shipment is in customs in Long Beach. It'll be another week or more before I see them. I think that buyers should be told in advance that it could take up to 10 weeks to get batteries. Though Richard supplied reasons for his unsatisfactory customer service, I doubt I would buy again. I'll pay more to a company that gives a dam about customers. I get better service when I buy a $4 burger, but this is almost 2K on batteries. I think I should be able to expect a prompt reply to my questions. Also, Richard said he posted on this forum in response to my original question, trying to get a hold of me. I found no such response and he had my phone number in every email I sent.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Maybe I need to start selling EV parts. I kiss customers asses to keep 'em happy and it's paid off pretty well.
Hey, I will go not just "extra mile" but more ... for my Customers... :)
-Y

·
Registered
120 Posts
I can't believe after the EVC rip off people would use anything but a major CC for a purchase. I got an instant charge back from MC after Morrison didn't deliver. I recently bought from Calb (Keegan), had my cells 5 days after payment.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You are not always protected in a CC purchase. I bought a Helmet from Langston motorsports in So Cal, the helmet was defective and broke while on my way home from buying it. I took it back the very next day. Even though Langston has a 2 week return policy printed on their receipt (with no exceptions listed) and California has 30 return law if item is still in new condition, Langston would not refund my purchase and Bank of America sided with them after my dispute. I think this is not typical though and usually CC purchases are protected.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I almost fell prey to trying to find the cheapest source of lithium. In the end ordered from Keegan (calb), at $1.23 a/h and $1.45 for connectors,+$195.00 freight for 28 180 ah cells. I even received them in Hawaii from California in 10 days. Otherwise if you need to buy stuff, buy from Costco/Home Depot as it is very easy to return and they even give you a smile doing so. :)

francis

1 - 20 of 43 Posts