DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm probably in over my head but I really would like to get a conversion working. I bought a 2014 Chevy Spark a while back with front end damage. I've driven it in it's current state and it works and drives etc. I'm curious if anyone has successfully used either the motor or batteries or both in a different vehicle. I have a few different ideas. One is to take it all and put it in a Subaru BRZ that I own and use the existing transmission(or not use it). Another idea is to get another spark motor and run both motors off a Chevy Volt Inverter(if this possible) in another vehicle. Worst case, I would like to at least use the 21kwh battery and another motor(maybe tesla rear drive unit) . My concern is what to use for a BMS for the battery so I can properly charge it etc. I have read as much as I can and watched a bunch of vids but half makes sense and the other half doesn't. I want to be able to do several conversions in the future and set up a road racing time attack car like the brz that could be competitive especially after the Model 3 drive unit has an aftermarket controller option. Any help or places I can read would be appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts