1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I use this across multiple systems: chargery model power, specially design the balance charger built in the cell balancer for lipo battery packs applied to R/C model. It was a bit more expensive (~$300), but the proposition was attractive - programmable, up to 25A and 100V. It's a Chinese one with all the consequences, but it does seem to work - I've successfully used it on 12V, 36V, 48V lead acids and 4s, 14s, 16s Li (NMC).
Thank you cricketo, finally a specific recommendation. I was thinking with motors like the me 1004 that there would be lots of people using 4s systems but I am not able to find them. Thanks again.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Thank you cricketo, finally a specific recommendation. I was thinking with motors like the me 1004 that there would be lots of people using 4s systems but I am not able to find them. Thanks again.
No worries. One more thing - if you want something that is rock solid, I definitely can recommend DeltaQ. You should be able to find their Quiq model for under $200 on Ebay. I don't see the 48v model listed at this time, but this is what they look like :

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No worries. One more thing - if you want something that is rock solid, I definitely can recommend DeltaQ. You should be able to find their Quiq model for under $200 on Ebay. I don't see the 48v model listed at this time, but this is what they look like :
THANK YOU!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don’t know much about any other charger, but I recently bought a charger for my LiFePO4 battery pack that will be connected to a bunch of solar panels through an SMA SI4548 inverter. The battery pack is made by Discover Energy (British Columbia, Canada) and is a 48 volt battery. For my purposes I bought an IOTA DLA-54-13 that that charges at a max of 54.4 volts at 13 amps. The charger runs at about $350 (Northern Arizona Wind & Sun) or less at some places, like www.boatandrvaccessories.com
This charger has worked great for keeping my battery pack charged while I fumble with inverters in an off-grid situation.
Keelandb

1 - 13 of 13 Posts