DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finally about ready to order some headways and recall getting an e-mail from Lorraine a while ago regarding the price. Can anyone tell me if she is the one I should be dealing with or is there someone else? Thanks

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Well, I work for Manzanita and can tell you that the service and response you get from me or anyone at Manzanita will be above and beyond what you'll get with a lot of the chinese distributors. Thats why I work for Manzanita, I know they stand by their products, all of them. I've dealt with one particular chinese distributor and it went OK (really slow), but it could have gone a lot better, and they left me hanging with several DOA batteries, missing connectors and bad BMS. They might tell you there is a warranty, but getting them to replace it is a whole different story.

- What is their return policy?
- Warranty?
- Price?
- Do they take Credit cards? Paypal? check?
- Can you call them 8-5 PST monday through friday and contact via email easily?
- Do they offer price breaks?
- Do they offer ANY tech support?
- How long have they been online/in business selling EV Equipment?

Manzanita Micro:

- What is their return policy?
Return DOA cells for replacement/refund

- Warranty? DOA replacement 2 weeks from date of receipt cells only. With our BMS, we'll do 60 days warranty. (This is plenty to see if your cells are performing within spec)

- Price?
http://www.manzanitamicro.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=29&Itemid=64

- Do they take Credit cards? Paypal? check?
We take all of the above.

- Can you call them 8-5 PST monday through friday and contact via email easily?
We are available at the above times and you can contact me just about any time you want. PM me for my personal email and I'll help you out. I've been selling/testing/using headways since April 2009.

- Do they offer price breaks?
see the pricing above.

- Do they offer ANY tech support?
Manzanita offers full tech support on all of their products.

- How long have they been online/in business selling EV Equipment?
Manzanita has been involved in EV's since the mid 80's and open for EV sales for the last 10 years. I've been working with EV's for 3 years, 1.5 have been working with Headway batteries.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Travis thanks for the info. I did take all that into account and I am trying to decide if the $13 per cell that Lorraine quoted me for the 38120s plus the import tax and shipping is worth the risk. I figured I would put up this post and see what some other people think. Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts