DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 35 Posts

· Registered
2,217 Posts
Re: Headway Headquarters *WARNING* ???

What a bunch of bull...you're asking us to believe that two (former/current) employees of James just happen to start a Lifepo4 business and the stock didn't come from EVC ? Please...
Anyway, easy enough to prove...many of us have contacts at Headway.
Well, one former employee of EVC has left and is running a legit EV parts business. Is there any info available to help us, the prospective EV parts purchaser, figure out which EV businesses are trying to sell goods mired in the EVC dispute vs. those selling new stock not involved in this mess? I'm not worried if they used to work for EVC, I personally know people that used to work for them and left because of the personal issues with the business dealings. I am mostly concerned with how to help others find and avoid those those shops who may still be tangled up in this. I can personally ask a couple of different friends about buying X from Y or if I should pick another source. The thing is, I cannot in good conscience publicly post private e-mail.

Is "headway" on this forum actually a representative of Headway as his e-mail address suggests? If so it seems that Headway Headquarters is a legit retailer of the cells.

I am in the market for a whopping 4, 38120 cells. Even with a small order I don't want to pick a shady source, but I wouldn't mind helping one of the legit EVC escapees. I am going to need a 12 volt battery to put the Zilla in my EV Buggy. The Hairball will have an issue with the 12v system going flat for a moment when I turn the headlights on.

· Registered
2,217 Posts
Re: Headway Headquarters *WARNING* ???

They were working with or helping James Morrison up until at least Oct.25, 2010 by their own admission in court documents. They were selling and shipping Headway batteries in Oct. but did not make a purchase from Headway until [...]
That is all I need to know about the company. I want to avoid the individuals and companies that where assisting in the fiasco, but not former employees who where also victims. All the way into October is all the way up to their eyeballs in it as far as I'm concerned. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.