DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello there everybody. My name is James Dierickx , I use the user name in a lot of forums as IAINVENTOR. I have been off grid for years below the radar and want to invent things to make us less dependent on foreign oil.

I am custom creating (KeV) "Kinetic electric vehicles" Converasion Kits from Gas Powered to Electric Motor Power Kits. Can gane miles form lead acid only.

This picture is the patented wheel generator i created dumps 18Kw of DC power back into my usable 45KW battery bank.

Here is a video off of my Facebook page showing the battery to 3 phase vfd motor controller and and motor for my KeV. First conversion in process a 1998 Ford Explorer SUV. this 25kw VFD Drive and cotnroller cost me $1,350.00 without batteries and motor was $400 off of EBAY. Batteries $1,600.00

https://www.facebook.com/james.dierickx.1/videos/vb.1008998009/10208291519298160/?type=3

TTYL

James Dierickx

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for confusion we have used the picture product to keep all the Class 8 trucks form having to idle. That was just a good picture of the wheel generator.

Here are 2 pics of it being put on a 2013 Ford Focus Retro Kit we are making calling it the K-Loop (TM) Kinetic

Installed under bumper hatch area

The 1st half of alternator bank other half off opposite wheel generator

This is about to be commercially available by end of summer * Static Charging meaning this power must be added while stopped through the Level 2 Charging Port into the car from out patent pending built in level 2 charger and 240 VAC Inverter System built into car.

We have an L-Loop (TM) Kit Too, L-Loop = Lithium Ion -- Lead Acid Power Loop ready for salee on all 2012 - 2017 Ford Focus E-Hatch lithium in front in car already, we put lead acid in the hatchback area, have inverter , Level 2 30 AMP EV Charger buuilt into the car and the retractile plug for ESV Plug to bumper on one end to charging port.

Hope this helps been working behind the scenes for years this next month going to start to sell this to the estimated 120,000 plus Ford Focus EV Owners I got 63 miles once tops with this we can get 120 miles with needing to find another power source.

Thanks

James Dierickx

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nucleus

No not that whole thing but wheel generator built into the the car. Sent another reply think moderator has to look at it.

This model 2013 Ford Focus E-Hatch has 6 alternators at 110 Amps high output at 30 Mph and above

6 alternators x 14.5 Volt Output X 110 Amp Alternator = 9570 watts/hr
road drag on wheel generator too much incline driving through hills and friction wear on the belts, bearings, pulleys ect. has lets say 1.2 times needed watts = aprox 12,000 watts. So really even though getting 9570 real drag equals 12, 000 watts conservatively. and inversely net gain of 9570 watts x 0.75 = 7177

My car usuaally get 285 watts mile with air on, into the wind, and lights on, stereo full blast, on fairly even flat landscape of eastern Iowa.

SO 30 Mph = 5280ft/2 / 60 min second = 44ft sec velocity 5280 ft a minute equals exactly 60 MPH .

Kinetic energy = 1/2Mass X Velocity Squared in this case using old english system Mass X Ft sqared x Seconds squared = Foot Poundals and if you muliply by 0.0422 converts foot poundals to watts = 196 kw

so 12kw/196kw = 0.061 or Drag on Kinetic energy system = 6.1% @ 30MPH

7710 watts - (7710 X 0.061) = 7239 watts

30 miles at 285 watts/mile = 8550 watts

ratio of battery discharge 7239 watts - 8550 watts = -1311 watts an hour

my ford focus has about 9,800 usable watts from bottom shutoff of 25% left in battery and top shut off when battery is 80% charged. would yeild 7.74 hours before i run out of electrons. 7.74 hours x 30 MPH = 224 miles estimate

I am not getting something for nothing just making it more efficient capturing kinetic energy can be harnessed less work on batteries part. Just like return air. Hot air already heated get re-heated but the Delta T is smaller less work to heat it back up. Same here if we do not capture it as kinetic energy it will just dissipate as heat loss anyways.

Not perpetual motion not over-unity just inefficiencies captured what already been paid for by the electrons in the batteries already. It worked in a Thermo- King REEFER Unit first experiment . Made a hybrid electric kit put it line with the diesel motor and connected the pulleys to 3 phase 20 HP motor and had a 24 kw wheel generator on it maybe 0.00025 drag at most. again the truck engine pulling it did the work we captured the kinetic energy harvested a very small portion.

And to the non physicist like me Energy is defined as at any moment in time having the ability to do that much work if harnessed. Work = Force X Distance.

Anyways that is how wheel generation of kinetic energy harvesting works.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/pdfs/US8723344.pdf

hope this helps straighten things up a hair? or if more confused now than ever I apologize in advance.

iainventor

·
Registered
21 Posts
My boss at work asked me if something like this existed and I said no. No for the second reason a wind generator would not help. So the only way this could work is if your system is more efficiently regen than the oem on board system. And even so it would have to make up for its own weight, aerodynamic loss, and drag.

If your system is adding batteries then of course the car has more range. I own a 2013 focus EV and have noticed that coasting in N is more efficient then any form of regenerative braking. I frequently will shift up.into neutral while on the expressway and cost. Wh/m gauge is pegged at the bottom the entire time and I am almost always running the AC hard as I live near Phoenix,az.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Also the diesel motor used in the thermo king setup was not the diesel motor of the truck. It was the diesel motor in the reefer unit. If you have something to show otherwise I would be very intrested to see it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts