DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm the owner of Aether R&D and have recently decided to make one of my cars an EV and have also decided that I will be using my R&D company to help develop everything I need to do this as well as possibly provide help to other EV enthusiasts.

My car is a 2008 Subaru Impreza

·
Registered
472 Posts
Interesting choice of car to start with. An AWD is generally a bit heavy to be an ideal choice. Are you planning on removing the Drive train to bring the weight back down?

What sort of help are you thinking your organisation can offer other EV enthusiasts?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We plan on keeping the entire drive line and manual transmission.

The company is a Research and Design company with full fabrication capability. We have many divisions including a performance automotive division that develops high end "race car" based parts for various needs. 99% of what we do is one off development but have the capability to do small production if needed.

That may be able to help some in this community.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Thanks, that is interesting.

Have you started a build thread yet?

I am interested in seeing/ hearing more. Like your plans for the motor/controller combination in the Subaru. The Subarus are notorious for breaking drive line components when the power is significantly increased. But my theory is that even though electric conversions provide massive torque it is much smoother that ICE. So the shock of high revs and dropping a clutch is eliminated from the equation.

I am involved in grass roots motorsport plus I am in Australia. But I am sure there will be people intested in what you are doing.

I have built an Electric Autocross car and I am in the early stages of building a pure motorkhana car. The second one is probably 18 months from completion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts