DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd say hello.

We currently have a Kia Soul, have had a 24kw Leaf, so we are 'converted' to electric so to speak for every day driving. I'd love to convert an old Landcruiser to full Rivian spec...

Reason for joining - I have a lawn tractor /ride on mower that I shout at / kick regularly, so I'm thinking about an electric conversion.

Great forums with loads of tech advice - looking forward to making use of it!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi Eight,

Since you're local (well local as we go here), Figured I'd say hi back... I'm in the planning/early stages of doing a conversion myself - so if you want to share notes at any point, do say :)

There's a wealth of info & knowledgeable people on here - so I'm sure it'll be a good resource for you in the future.

Might want to check out Electric Classic Cars' interpretation of a classic Range Rover for inspiration for your Land Cruiser idea :) Full Rivian spec would be challenging (not to mention pricey) - 135kWh/180kWh of batteries is an insane amount! Most conversions tend to have much smaller batteries than recent production EVs as packaging becomes a bit of a problem. I'm planning around 20kWh of batteries in a 2-seat sports car, and it's going to be tight for space.

Regards,
Nick

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Nick, thanks for the welcome. I'm near Stockport/Manchester. Mower is a Westwood so my plan would be keeping the hydrostatic drive and all the drive belts for the deck and grass sweeper, just swapping engine for motor and swapping fuel tank (and seat, and roofrack, and trailer...) for batteries.
Still reading/youtubing/learning at this point, never done anything like this before, but as I can wire a house and fit a car stereo what could go wrong etc..
Andy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts