1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Dig
In
Yobbo

We having a Barbie ??? I'll grab the chops ..... :D

Welcome to the Forum Candice ... You looking at building a EV or just researching the idea??
LOL, come in spinner!!:D:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Folks I am another newby but I am in the early stages of a EV build the chassis is finished and tested and am doing the workup on the genset for the vehicle is to be that hated hybrid, but I face a real world problem , to go shopping I travel 50mile+ over highways with (and I counted them ) 36 gradients of over 20% so an EV citycar is not going to cut the mustard, the car I am putting together is a 4 door 4 seat 102" wheel base sedan running 2 AC 35KW motors fed from 360VDC with a battery bank to give 250Ah. The genset is based on a Mazda 12A rotary engine supercharged to provide peak torque/fuel usesage balance at 7500rpm which will supply about 45% charge rate at maximum draw.The combination is working very well on bench testing with the only problem(so far) is the automatic start up so I will keep working The maths are currently the major section of the project but the shaping of the body and cockpit tub is going slowly but going . Doing your homework is a vital part of EV construction as the more planning you do the less work you have to redo ..Have fun I will keep you informed as I progress PS I am 5 months into the project

1 - 9 of 9 Posts