DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there
I have a dream of tesla swapping a 370z. Do you guys think an ambitious 18 year old with no mechanical experience would be able to do something like that? If not how could i make it possible

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Assuming you have a 370Z in working order and a computer with a CAN interface, you can learn quite a bit through a combination of online and experimentation.
You can also learn a lot about electricity and wiring with some simple kits combine with on-line stuff. Mark-Rober's engineering courses would be be good place to start and safe.
Basic mechanical skills are picked up over time and practice. Get an old car that doesn't run and make it run.
Welding is mostly practice. No amount of on-line learning will substitute for holding the stick and 'stiching' the metal together..
Bill
So if i use the next half year or so, learning about the 4 different points you mentioned. Would you think i would be able to do it? If so, do i need a real garage with all the fancy lifts to do it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.