DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cushman Electric Vehicle Information

Hello Fellow DIY Electric Car Forum Members,

I write today because the future of the Antique Cushman Electric Minute Miser Vehicle, Model 730, now swings in the balance and you can help by learning about the Minute Miser and sharing this information with other interested electrical vehicle enthusiasts

What is a Cushman Electric Minute Miser, Click Here

Regards,

The Minute Miser King

·
Registered
321 Posts
Looks like a straightforward engineering challenge to make up a switch that will perform those functions, but that's not what this is about, is it?

You want the manufacturer to keep making the exact part, right? On a machine that's about as old as I am and has limited use on the roads... Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jlsawell,

Thank you for your reply.

I agree with you, engineering an alternative replacement would not be rocket science. This is more about finding a commercially viable and practical solution for current and future owners of the Minute Miser 730 series.

My decision to pursue the original switch design and campaign to restart a production run is based on the following considerations:

1. The existing products, some in service for over 50 years, are well tested and demonstrate good old product durability.

2. Existing product requires no modification of vehicle wiring or custom installation - important cost considerations for current owners.

3. The original product is owned and manufactured here in the USA.

4. The manufacture has the equipment and skilled labor to make the parts - they are missing less than 25% of the tooling required to make a complete unit - it is not out of the realm of possibilities to recreate the necessary mfg equipment.

5. The original product is 100% recyclable - when it's time to replace the switch take it to the metal scrap yard and watch them melt it down into something new.

6. Most owners will benefit from the ease of ordering an exact replacement part.

JK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts