DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to mount 7 Tesla modules in my EV conversion of a Lotus Elise. There is not much room so I have to break them up into three 2-packs stacked and one lone module. Does anyone have ideas or sources for pre-built boxes that would house the modules?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have to mount 7 Tesla modules in my EV conversion of a Lotus Elise. There is not much room so I have to break them up into three 2-packs stacked and one lone module. Does anyone have ideas or sources for pre-built boxes that would house the modules?
I'd Love to hear more.

I considered an Elise to convert, having owned and tracked several - one of THE best handling cars . EVER ! .
I'm surprised you are putting in 7 modules tho' as thats 175kg+ say ~60Kg for a motor (vs about ~125 for the K series ICE and gearbox).

As for battery boxes: to save weight and space I didn't use boxes in my build, and not mandatory in the UK, and frankly lotus have a reputation for ICE fires anyway.
I stacked 3modules in the front and 2 modules in the back separated by 3mm closed cell foam matting and braced bt tension rods and spacers to make 2 'solid block' / self supporting units:
(shown earlier, a long way down in my elan build notes) .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts