DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello experts,
i got nice donor car (Porche Cayenne 2006) SUV over heated ICE for <$1000
to DIY Convert EV , but i don't have space for few month , and to get all wrack parts for tesala/Leaf in canada is bit hard or you end up in scam, so finally i giveup the idea, may be in future ,

*** so i found local car delar who got couple of Kia Soul EV -2016 almost (78000 Miles) OR 125000 killometer driven , price are very low obviously as it very high millage , but kia has main battery warranty 8 yr or 160000 Km , delar says as is you have to deal with kia for battery degradation and any issue pops after buy. if i buy one of this i would have only 30000 KM warranty left, he has few of them to pick and choose so i have bluetooth ELM327 OBD2 with Torque apk, which i can plug to this Soul EV to pick one of the best of them, any tutorial or link how to use this tool to check best battry status ?? what your expert opinion on this ? should i gamble on one of this ? any one deal with kia for battery warranty ? help appriciated , thanks in advace...

·
Registered
345 Posts
Tesla cancels warranties on salvage, which I think is BS...too expensive to fix sheet metal shouldn't affect the battery, motor, or entertainment system. You'd better check in with Kia before you drop the Loonies on this if you're counting on a warranty.

There was a wrecked Tesla in Montreal recently...no idea where it wound up, though.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
An auto manufacturer's warranty is on the vehicle. It would not make sense to expect any warranty coverage on components from a salvage vehicle. I suppose you could buy a running vehicle, get any deficiencies fixed under warranty, and then salvage some (possibly just replaced) components... but once the parts are out of the car, there's no warranty on them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts