DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In order to help out more members of the community I am working on getting the BMW I3 battery canbus worked out. Unfortunately it might end up requiring getting a vehicle.

Has anyone gotten information on the BMW I3 battery internal canbus? Or the Powertrain canbus on which the battery sits?

OR

Anyone in the UK with an I3 they do not mind me pulling some logs from?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a full pack to my disposal. So will be testing that soon.

Might end up needing a a full car eventually. But if anyone has already pulled some captures it would be a great help as these are nice modules.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Be really good if you can get the i3 BMS to work

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have gotten some logs of a pack.

Now I just need to do more work to decode more than just the voltages.

Does anyone have a BMW i3 module and some CAN skills and equipment (Can due or any canbus device) that is willing to help?

Or someone in the UK with a battery module willing to lend it to me.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I have gotten some logs of a pack.

Now I just need to do more work to decode more than just the voltages.

Does anyone have a BMW i3 module and some CAN skills and equipment (Can due or any canbus device) that is willing to help?

Or someone in the UK with a battery module willing to lend it to me.

A friend has one of the first models of BMW I3 with single phase charger. Would that be of any help?
Also I have Macchina M3 under the dash and i cant use it for my Pug 406C since it uses VAN (yes proprietary grrr... :(). I would be happy to log a file while charging.

What would you need? Mail me...

A

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi all,
I will be stripping an i3 down soon to convert an old Mini, I know nothing about canbus etc but will be exploring it as soon as I get all the gear.
Was looking at an Arduino set up.
I would be happy to send some info if you could let me know what you want. (Plain English tho cos I'm crap with computers )

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts