DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,
I have an adapterplate done by a machineshop for my 911 (76 with 915 Gearbox) conversion to fit with 9‘ Netgain motor. I completed all works but the motor does not spin the wheels. I had Motor out and checked all clutch parts. To prevent any hustle I ordered all new parts and everything seems working. This leaves me with the Adapter plate. Does anybody have measurements or how can I proceed?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In my avatar picture you can see the adapter plate between the motor and the gearbox. When I put both together, it seems like the clutch engages and the motor spins free instead of spinning the wheels. So my idea was if anybody here got measurement tips for me to check if the adapter was fabricated wrong and noe performs pressure on the pressure plate when put together.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hesse, it sounds to me like a simple clutch cable adjustment. I had the same issue when I swapped out my 1968 ICE motor with an HPEVs to the 901 transmission. The distance the pressure plate/flywheel (attached to ev motor shaft) must travel to properly squeeze/release the clutch disc (attached to the transmission shaft) is likely slightly different. This is also a typical adjustment necessary after a tranny rebuilt on a normal gas Porsche. This is the Pelican page for the procedurePelican Parts Clutch Adjustment

There is also an adjustment you can make to the linkage behind and between the front seats under the vent-like panel that unscrews with four philips screws. The shift linkage attaches to the transmission on a universal joint, and may need to be brought forward or back. A Porsche shop could do both of these for you perfectly, after you get it done roughly, a fine-tune if you will.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply; after removing everything it turns out that the machine shop made a mistake. I gave them the numbers measuring distances but I have different numbers now. So there is pressure on the clutch when putting the motor together. It is easy to spot because there is no movement in the lever and no way to adjust. I spoke to the machine shop and they will make a spacer so the motor moves backwards. Bad for me; I have to change the motor mount.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts