DIY Electric Car Forums banner

help with canbus

3070 Views 34 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  DMPstar
I need help figuring out why my Hyper 9's are complaining about canbus errors.

I have 2 hyper 9's, Orion BMS 2 (which is communicating very happily on the canbus even after the Hyper 9's shut down), Elcon charger, Elcon DC/DC.

I've got 120 ohms on the Elcon charger terminating one end of my network. The 120 ohm resistor in the Orion has vanished, so I put a 120 ohm resistor on the connector to it as termination of the other 'end'. The Hyper 9's and Canbus to USB adapter are in the middle.

Everything is working great, green lights and no faults on the Hyper 9's and the Orion until I hit the throttle, and then the Hyper 9's throw a series of errors relating to protocols - which I understand means canbus has failed.

Any thoughts?
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
I need help figuring out why my Hyper 9's are complaining about canbus errors.

I have 2 hyper 9's, Orion BMS 2 (which is communicating very happily on the canbus even after the Hyper 9's shut down), Elcon charger, Elcon DC/DC.

I've got 120 ohms on the Elcon charger terminating one end of my network. The 120 ohm resistor in the Orion has vanished, so I put a 120 ohm resistor on the connector to it as termination of the other 'end'. The Hyper 9's and Canbus to USB adapter are in the middle.

Everything is working great, green lights and no faults on the Hyper 9's and the Orion until I hit the throttle, and then the Hyper 9's throw a series of errors relating to protocols - which I understand means canbus has failed.

Any thoughts?
As a consultant, I have wired several EV Canbus vehicles. You should use shielded twisted pair wire:

Here is more information:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.