DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm putting the finishing touches on my 1965 Mustang conversion and wanted to show you all how everything's laid out:

Since this picture was taken, I've moved the acc bat to the rear and added an emergency disconnect in its place. Also, the monte carlo bar is temporarily removed (to allow some room to work).

One more thing I plan to add is some sort of cover for the battery pack -- both for protection (from the HV components) and for cosmetic reasons. Anyone have something like that on their ride, that they'd be willing to post pics?

·
Registered
604 Posts
I realise that the pics are of the unfinished project, but it appears that the motor mount frame (top job) is directly bolted to the original chassis mounting points without rubber mounts, or is it just an optical illusion?

·
Registered
604 Posts
OK; being a ragtop the noise is not such an issue,but a body shell can act like a steel drum if there is a broken engine mount and metal to metal contact. Very neat project.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
2001 Suzuki Swift:

SDC10142.JPG

From LHS: Curtis 1238-7501 motor controller mounted on a finned heat sink with fan, PFC30 charger, EKM meter (inside gray box) "electric box" (shunt and contactor in high voltage side, relays in other side, metal divider in center), cell heater pad controller (on top of elec box), DC/DC converter, accessory battery is just to the right of the DC/DC (only the corner is shown). Motor is under the tray holding the above components - can glimpse it between the blue battery box (8 cells), and the PFC30 - the bright rectangle is its label.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Sure, if you don't mind under-construction pics. The first is with a paper-mache mock-up track nose to develop a pattern to cut the fiberglass piece. The thingy on top of the motor is a leaf blower housing. The metal fan wheel from it will be used, with a new carbon fiber housing, to create my motor cooling unit (on steroids)! :D

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts