DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to all this ev stuff and just looking for a few ideas. I always wanted a classic beetle or bmw e30 but was always put off by the mechanical end of things, and would like to be able to build and maintain my ev myself. I love electronics and anything electric. I really love the electric motor and it’s simplicity.

All the best

Darren

·
Registered
196 Posts
Have you seen evbmw.com yet? Damien's converted a wide range of BMWs using a variety of components, including DC forklift motors, Siemens AC motors, Tesla drive units... And he's in Ireland, though that's a pretty big place. Damien probably know the most about converting your car to and EV and getting it inspected and re-registered appropriately.

And he's on here as Jack Bauer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Emyr, I have been watching a lot of Damien’s stuff, I am currently going through all his YouTube content especially his €1000 ebmw stuff. His channel and the stuff ev west has done really got me interested. Damien is showing us that it can be done on a budget. I could go out and buy a leaf but I know my heart wouldn’t be in it. I am looking for a work commute car with a range of 50 miles, doesn’t have to be super fast, but I would like motorway speeds, 70 mph. I will definitely hit Damien up when I decide on my donor car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts