DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to learn. My wife has an Outlander and we used to have a Zoe. Very pleased with both. I've an electric bicycle and am into land rovers.
By day, I'm a wind turbine service tech with a background in marine engineering.

My current project is a chassis up rebuild of a 109 which I hope to make into a hybrid by adding a motor driving through the standard pto into the transfer box.
The standard land rover drivetrain will all still remain alongside it.

I have questions, but I'll try and find the right place in the forum to ask.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm looking to learn. My wife has an Outlander and we used to have a Zoe. Very pleased with both. I've an electric bicycle and am into land rovers.
By day, I'm a wind turbine service tech with a background in marine engineering.

My current project is a chassis up rebuild of a 109 which I hope to make into a hybrid by adding a motor driving through the standard pto into the transfer box.

Good Day,

under

blackcockatoos.wordpress.com

you will find some pictures about my two land rover conversions (88 and 109). Both are full electric vehicles, but may be that you will find some answers...

Regards
Jens

·
Registered
78 Posts

Interesting. You're not the only one to have thought this. I came to the conclusion that my Series One 86 didn't have the space and I wanted to do away with the most oil-dripping part of any Landy. The general conclusion on the "Electric LandRover and 4x4 EV Conversions" Facebook group (please join us) was that a PTO only provides straight-through 'gearing' (i.e. no gearing) so the performance will be pretty feable without gearing-down prior to inputting power via the PTO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jens, that looks very interesting And has answered a couple of my questions and confirmed my noise concerns about running in low.

Benjamin, I'll get the wife on to the Facebook page, (I've managed this far in life without an account and I'm hoping to abstain for a few years more!

Many thanks

Ian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts