DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have just bought a Luego Viento (Locost Caterham style kitcar) with a view to turning it electric over the coming years... Have done some googling and was expecting to find more than I did to be honest...

This forum looks like a really useful resource so Ill get reading!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello LevelUpLabs

Welcome to the forum - would you have any pics or specs of that car? I've never heard of it to be honest.

Best regards,
Remi.

·
Registered
84 Posts
welcome to the forum,i have a crash damaged caterham series 3 chassis in my workshop which one day i will do a conversion on.

Westfield done a short run of ev's a few years agowith potenza but they were heavy and didn't handle well as they had to raise the suspension to account for the battery box.

Electric classic cars carried out a conversion last year on a westfield, i havent seen it in the flesh but they are using a tesla motor mounted in the rear with the battery in the engine bay.

Have a look at the megawatt westfield that was built a few years back

https://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/topi...lerating-westfield-in-the-world-the-megawatt/

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
I have just bought a Luego Viento (Locost Caterham style kitcar)...
... would you have any pics or specs of that car? I've never heard of it to be honest.
I haven't either, but I'm sure that most people - even auto enthusiasts - have never heard of that specific kit. "Locost" is the name for a loosely defined style which is somewhat similar to the Lotus (and later Caterham) Seven.

The Luego Viento fits a V8 engine, so it presumably has more space in the front than a classic Seven, which will be handy. It also has an independent rear suspension, so it might be possible to mount the motor at the rear, which could be helpful for both mass distribution and component packaging.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts