DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm doing a "mild" hybrid and I plan to connect an engine of about 30kW through the belt. Tell me which engine is better to use, taking into account the speed of the gas engine 6500, as well as the controller to it?

The second problem with battery assembly. I need only 6 seconds of maximum power to help the gas engine, which is about 300A at 96V. Next will be charging by recuperation

The motor I want to use - MOTENERGY ME1115
Controller - http://kellycontroller.com/kls96601-8080ips24v-96v600asinusoidal-bldc-motor-controller-p-1386.html

I'm very important weight and torque, because. It is not possible to use a gearbox, the electricmotor rpm should maintain the gas engine rpm (6500).

I ask for advice on the engine / controller / high-current battery assembly

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Hello! I'm doing a "mild" hybrid and I plan to connect an engine of about 30kW through the belt.
First, a minor terminology issue: if you refer to the electric motor as a "motor", and only the gas engine as an "engine", it is less confusing.

The motor I want to use - MOTENERGY ME1115
It is not possible to use a gearbox, the electricmotor rpm should maintain the gas engine rpm (6500).
The belt drive is a transmission. If you use different sizes of pulleys on the motor and the engine, they will run at different speeds.

Usually this would mean a motor running at higher speed than the engine, but the ME1115 is only rated for 5000 rpm, so you would need to use a motor pulley 30% larger than the engine pulley to keep the motor speed down to 5000 rpm when the engine reaches 6500 rpm.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First, a minor terminology issue: if you refer to the electric motor as a "motor", and only the gas engine as an "engine", it is less confusing.

The belt drive is a transmission. If you use different sizes of pulleys on the motor and the engine, they will run at different speeds.

Usually this would mean a motor running at higher speed than the engine, but the ME1115 is only rated for 5000 rpm, so you would need to use a motor pulley 30% larger than the engine pulley to keep the motor speed down to 5000 rpm when the engine reaches 6500 rpm.
I plan to launch ME at 96V and I think it will with stand 6500 mechanically. While the operating range of the motor will be at lower revs. Pulley for this 1: 1 (or I need to find an electric motor with higher speeds to play with pulleys)

My problem is battery the supply of 96v and 300A for 6 seconds and then the recovery

1 - 3 of 3 Posts