DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

I was Woodsmith (admin) from years ago.

I am back with a new log in and name as the old one stopped working and wouldn't let me in anymore. And then life got in the way as I was newly married, started a business, and got through long term illness.

I wonder who else I know is still around?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Welcome back woody, the forum has changed considerably since you were here, change of management caused many to drop out and go elsewhere, also we have lost the garage. I have just registered my third conversion, an 84 subaru sherpa, 8" adc motor no clutch 90v agm,s 720kg and a rocket on takeoff but only 25k range.Can,t afford lithium yet. Looking forward to your further adventures.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Poprock,

Thanks for the welcome. I still don't have a road going EV, time, money, no appropriate vehicle, etc.

I am still at the stage of not being able to justify a road legal vehicle that can't earn its keep. And there is still nothing in my price bracket from a manufacturer that will do the job new, never mind used.

I have all but given up on a simple conversion with DC forklift motor and controller too as technology has moved one so much. A Tesla unit would be a great viable option, as would a unit from a Leaf.

Now the turbo has died on my car (it runs but not while loaded) it could be more likely I will go that sort of route.
In the meantime I have had to buy another diesel estate car to keep working.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts