DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been getting an amazing amount of interest in controllers and controller kits.
I am working on offering a complete controller but that will take me time maybe even years as I am very busy.
WARNING this is experimental and there is NO WARRANTY. I will stand behind what I send if there is a problem we will figure it out but there is no warranty.
WARNING NUMBER 2 HIGH VOLTAGE IS DANGEROUS! I am not responsible for your safety. This kit is for someone who has EE experience and a strong mechanical and electrical knowledge. You must run all the tests in steps and make sure you test for isolation, run all other safety features an EV requires; Like a properly sized fuse, and properly sized and installed contactors, a proper BMS, It is suggested to run a dual signal hall type throttle with a throttle interface that sends CAN to the brain board.

So what I can offer is KITs this will be driver boards built and tested by me with a brain board designed around the lebowski brain chip.
I can also offer the other parts used in my EV build. I will try to list them out with US pricing.
I am located in Canada and I try to keep the boards I need in stock but I have been building kits to order time for turn around typicality takes from 1 week to 1 month from time of deposit until the kit is shipped.
If the pricing is to expensive build it your self I posted all the files free for you to copy and replicate on the build there Here.
Also use that link for information on how to put the kit together.
This is what got me on discovery channel and set the world record for the fastest front wheel drive electric car on the planet.
I would suggest running this up to ~400v nominal as a max voltage. Aim for 100s or less and make sure you know what you are doing.
The OEM leaf cap if you use it is only rated for 600v and thats likely de-rated as it gets warmer.
Also about 650 phase amps peak is the most you should set the controller to with the quality 800a rated parts.
1 HV Controller kit includes drivers, Brain board, Temp sensors and assembled shielded twisted ribbon cable. $1645
2 6 new 800a Fuji IGBTs 1MBI800U4B-120 $1965 ($327 ea)
2.B 6 new 600a Fuji IGBTs 1MBI600U4B-120 $1470 ($245 ea)
2.C 6 USED 600a IGBTs 1MBI600U4B-120 $540 ($90 ea)
3 UVW encoder $65
4 DC/DC 9-36v in 15v regulated out with buck converter to set Driver voltages. (this runs all 5v 12v and 15v parts.) $80
5 Isolated DC/DC analog pre-charge measurement board. $175. This is needed for smart precharge and you need a 0-5v isolated signal that represents the main traction pack voltage. I set this up as a 100-1 voltage divider that's an isolated output. For instance 450v DC on the main battery is 4.5v send to the brain that is no way connected to the main traction battery.
#Note Controller side of pre-charge measurement hooks to brain as well.
Prices are USD
You will need to make your own buss bars enclosure and find or build a cap. If you do not use the leaf cap as I used let me know what you are using as this is very critical.

These prices are subject to change.

I will try to update this as soon as I can.

-Arlin Sansome http://www.undergroundelectrics.ca/

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now this video I was able to dyno 303hp at the wheels.

I do no suggest going that high.
With the 600a parts I would stop at ~180hp and with the 800a parts I would stop at ~220 hp.
Maybe less depending on your setup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts