DIY Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
If it's tryflex, do a search for it, should be a retailer near you. Evwest wasn't noted for their extensive searching.

although I have 2awg and when I redo it it will be 2-0, too much voltage drop at high currents.

Ever see the cables in a commercial vehicle? Couple layers of thick heat shrink does it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The cable with orange insulation is also, um, orange. Since that's the industry standard for high-voltage cables in electric vehicles, it's good to be orange, as remy martian explained. Since the welding cable is available in orange without the corporate logo and for a lower price that would likely be the better choice... but conveniently available welding cable is most commonly black.
Orange is actually common, there are two types of 2/0 welding cable, denoted by a letter and different jacket colors, black and orange. I didn't actually have any trouble finding orange at all, but it depends on convenient. For me, it's more convenient to buy over the Internet and have it show up in the mail the third day than to try to make time to get to the welding supply store while they're open. The secret is to type "2/0 welding orange" into Google.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts