DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I am working on my the conversion of my Fiero to electric. I thought I would buy a hub, but not the adapter plate, and make it myself. When I spoke to a guy one of the more popular EV part makers, he stated that I would have all sorts of vibration problems. Can anyone attest this ? All thoughts welcome!

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
You will have all kinds of problems if you don't build it right, but if you can do it correctly, you will be fine. If you don't feel like you can do it right, it may be worth investing in a professional one. Remember that it is possible to buy one that is not perfect, so buy it from a reputable company. Your motor and/or transmission are at stake...

·
Registered
370 Posts
When I spoke to a guy one of the more popular EV part makers,...
Did you expect them to say "oh you don't need me, just build it yourself":D Nah, I wouldn't expect them to say it even if it were true.

In reality it comes down to your ability to fabricate parts. As already stated the hub/flywheel adapter is much more difficult to fabricate without precision tooling. The adapter plate can be "floated in" (custom fit) and done with less precise tools.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts